Friday, September 15, 2006


Skateboarding article from 2004 .Rambling Coping Junkie
Standing at the top you look not down but beyond to the next transition. You drop in letting the wheels take you to the next wall, A pump and your carving tightly around the wall, the truck hits the coping making a grinding sound....... AHHHHH IT FEELS SO Damb GOOD! Scream with a laugh, carving is the unbeatable high! Carving, shoots my nerves to the sky! I'm hooked. I love this.
Citys throughout the west coast have been building skateparks that just have to be used. I have been fortunate to have been able to hit a few concrete walls from Calgary to Los Angels. Chasing that dragon of my skateboard addiction. I recon i'm having my mid life crisis... I can't afford a Corvette so as fate would have it they built a skateboard bowl close to my home. Screw the Corvette I'll go skateboarding. Victoria West Bowl is my home and although it's small hit it does the job. I work the bowl on a weekly basis feeling the curves and coping. Basically a kid will ride a swing set.... back and forth... when i ride the bowl it's the same thing of coarse with room for improvement..(tricks). When the park first opened the bowl was not used by the young skaters that came... OLLIE OLLIE OLLIE, is the way of the kids skate these days so....street style man... lets hear some Beastie Boys and do a railslide. Well progression added more to skatein this year Billy...
Slip in the Agent Orange, Blast or some Black Sabbath and lets skate the fuckin bowl dudes! With some style don’t ya know!(US Bombs) The Vic west park has developed some hot bowl riders and i'm happy to see this progression. Some of these kids are taking the technical street style and putting a little old flow in it..... then mixxin it all up in the bowl. Rock fackie to front side 50/50 grind then back side 50/50 back in to a tight carve and a way stylish mellon grab out and back in…. Jamer anyone? The lines are endless. Hey get otta my way Jimmy, Dougy, Chris, Howie, Sonny, Johnathan, Perry and Jessee, These guys are way sick but….sometimes some really old guys show and use this bowl… Harri and his huge bag of stuff that is so old its new again, the Beak and even ole Ryse Jak…. Even girls like Coen and Dust can be seen using there at times. Now I’m just slingin a few names of the dudes that are flyers of the bowl… I skate close to all who work the Vic West bowl….hopeing through osmosis that I will get the next progression and add another trick to my line….. not do a trick for a line!! Not all bowls are for lightin up.. some bowls are for carvin.. Hardy har har. It’s poetry man.
Anyway I think I’ll just SHUT UP AND SKATE! I’m a steel/concrete coping junkie. Next issue I’ll tell you about the time I lost my virginity in LA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home