Saturday, September 30, 2006


Rebel meets Rebel.

I took my apprenticeship in Sooke so a little country music was forced on me in that time. Needless to say I learned to like the crooners like Dwight Yokam, Garth Brooks, Charlie Major, and Alan Jackson and the likes... all very popular. But a certain country music artist seems to have slipped through my ever loving quest to seek out the underlying "true to the roots" and not top ten music scene. This performer is named David Allan Coe...... controversial.... yes. The Confederate Flag graces David's presence. His massive song writing span starts in the 60's and David has over 40 albums. He has written songs for many of the greats of Country music including the late great Cash. David is a REBEL but claims no prejudice blood.

Enter 2006 and I fall into this CD called Rebel meets Rebel. David Allan Coe and Dimebag. Again I will plead ignorance as to who the hell is Dimebag. Seriously I recon I better get myself a Pantera Cd and learn. But back to Rebel Meets Rebel a collaboration of some hard driving rock and roll with the great vocals and songwriting of DAC. Drinkin and dopin country songs mixed with alot of that heavy guitar riff of today. I welcome this CD too my collection at a time when I am getting sick of the screaming blasting non descript noise of the punk and metal scene. It's nice to listen to a singer sing. David opens up and his voice to some full throttle rock. The first song just blasts a riff that makes you push down a little harder on the accelerator pedal of your Camaro. This Cd made my top ten this year so now maybe it's time to drive out to Sooke and visit some of my good ole friends.

so much music so little time - ricky jak

1 Comments:

Blogger DCAja said...

hi rick!
caja

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home