Saturday, September 23, 2006


Heyyy i finally found some freakin time to watch the Punk Show on Muchmusic..... I never watch TV so forgive me. Seriously what ever happened to Erica Em?
Anyway i fancy the punk music from time to time and was excited to finally watch this Punk Show on muchmusic..... but much to my disgust... what the hell is punk come to! I couldn't stand it and i didn't have the option to fast forward! I just watched 10 or so bands of shit! They all sounded the same and all had the same stage moves. SHIT! and they all looked like mall jocks! nothing original.... Is there a ITT PETERSON SCHOOL OF PUNK that lays down the rules???
My record collection contains: Black Flag.... Henry Rollins is the front man... and they sound like Black Flag! Nothing else sounds like them!DOA... Joey shithead. DOA also a sound of thier own.Clash... do i have to say anything here???Subhumans Vancouver... Wimpy Roy!Dead Kennedys... Jello and hell yeah DKS!!!Bad Brains... holy shit this is intense.Buzzcocks... new wave but very distinguishable. Personality Crisis... deep manly punk vocals. Devo... new wave also... but sure as hell don't sound like anything from this planet.blah blah balh cough cough. i could go on but i recon i'm showing my age as usual...
I recon i'll not turn on my TV again for awhile and stay down in this cold basement listening to my old records... cause it sure looks like PUNK IS DEAD today!
-ricko homo

1 Comments:

Blogger Duppa Dee said...

Erica went and had a baby, now shes doing something on the mom show...I keep seeing her in commercials.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home