Monday, September 20, 2010


JOHNNY WINTER in Victoria.... no smokey bar, no booze, no young girls, but lots of gray hairs sitting in a packed Alex Golden Hall. Johnny Winter played roadhouse jailhouse honky blues that kicked arse. I'm glad to say I saw Johnny Winter. I saw John Lee Hooker years ago at Harpos.... I figure i better see Johnny before he joins Hooker.I have to say even though Mr Winter is about 100 years old and getting from the floor to the stage chair seemed like tiring work to him... The moment he picked up his guitar he worked the thing raw without any hesitation. It was the longest and most amazing guitar solo I have experienced since the last time played a Yngwie Malmsteen record.

It was good to see this legend.... but the sound wasn't that great, the light's where shit, and crowd just sat there... I like music that moves the crowd into a dance.... Johnny Winter's live performance could do that but it didn't. This wasn't a Dayglo Show where the crowd go's wild to the music... this was the Legend Johnny Winter playin his guitar. It was worth it but it wasn't is what i'm trying to say.... -ricky JaK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home